Carolyn Greer is the Associate Director of Athletics for Sports Medicine and the Head Athletic Trainer. She is responsible for all aspects of health care in the athletic environment, including: prevention; evaluation of injuries; management, treatment and rehabilitation of athletic injuries; and education and counseling of athletes. Her sport assignments include football and men's basketball. A graduate (BA, MA) of San Diego State University, Carolyn participated in intercollegiate women's gymnastics. Hired in 1978, she became the first female head athletic trainer at the NCAA Division I level. Her athletic training experience includes the 1984 Summer Olympic Games (artistic gymnastics), the NBA Summer Professional Basketball League, San Diego Friars Professional Team Tennis, and San Diego State University. In addition she has extensive rehabilitation experience at the clinical level working at athletic injury and rehabilitation clinics throughout San Diego County. She has taught athletic training related courses at USD and for the Athletic Training Professional Program at San Diego State University. In 2007 she was named the San Diego State University, Department of Exercise and Nutritional Sciences, "Robert J. Moore" Distinguished Alumnus and was also honored as the National Athletic Trainers' Association Most Distinguished Athletic Trainer. In 2009 Carolyn was inducted into the Far West Athletic Trainers' Association Hall of Fame. On August 31, 2011 she was honored by the San Diego Sports Medicine Foundation as its Taste of the Cove 2011 Medical Champion.
Education and Certifications:
- BA in Physical Education, Health Science Minor San Diego State University
- MA in Physical Education, Sports Medicine Emphasis San Diego State University
- Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC): NATA
- Instructor, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation American Heart Association
- Physical Therapist Assistant, State of California
- NATA Task Force Committee: Appropriate Medical Coverage for Intercollegiate Athletics.
- NATA Hall of Fame Subcommittee Chair
- Member, College Athletic Trainers' Society
- ACI (Approved Clinical Instructor): San Diego State University Athletic Training Professional Program.
- Committee Member, University and College Athletic Trainers, District 8
- Adjunct Faculty, San Diego State University: Department of Exercise and Nutritional Sciences.
- 2005: University of San Diego, Thomas F. Burke, Employee of the Year.
Married, Jeff, two children: David and Jason, both are USD graduates.
Toreros look for 4th straight win
Pack the Stadium Night
ITA All-American's Preview
Petronijevic, Angus, & Vittek Prepare
USD Looks to Extend Home Win Streak
Toreros First True Road Game of 2015
CSUN and UCSB Preview
Toreros Look to Extend Win Streak
Aztec Invite Recap
Both Squads Finish Second
Toreros Take on Cross-town Rival
Highlights from 45-21 win
2015 Home Opener
Previewing Western New Mexico
Volleyball Tournament Preview
A preview of the USD Tournament
Men's Soccer Season Opener
Previewing No. 16 Cal
Training Camp Update
Coach Lindsey Recaps the First Two Weeks
2015 WSOC Preview
A brief preview of the 2015 Toreros.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar