2010-11 USD Spirit Team
Sept. 8, 2011
Come join the nationally ranked Torero Spirit Team, cheer for our Torero champions, and dance in front of sold out crowds for Torero football and basketball games! Get involved in the USD student community and the San Diego community. Compete and dance with one of the most well respected dance and cheer teams in the West Coast Conference.
Tryouts: Sunday- September, 18 2011
Where: Jenny Craig Pavilion
When: 9am doors & registration open.
What to wear:
- All black dance attire. (jazz pants, cargo pants, form fitting, appropriate tops, no baggy t-shirts). - Tennis shoes and jazz shoes with non-marking soles.
- Hair should be down and make-up should be done as if you were at a performance.
- No jewelry or visible body piercings.
What to Bring:
- $500 cash/ check made payable to USD Athletics for uniforms if you make the team.
- Water bottle
* All necessary forms and application will be available at tryouts to fill out. We will also take a Polaroid picture of you to attach to your application.
* Tryouts will consist of dance, cheer, and technique. Number of cuts is based on the number of people auditioning.
* You will be taught a 4 eight count hip hop/jazz combo routine and demonstrate technique across the floor. You will also learn a cheer/chant, demonstrate rallying ability, and anyone who tumbles will have the opportunity to show that as well. Mats will not be available. Please, no tumbling, unless you have prior experience.
* Judging is based on a selection system. The judges and coaches will make the choices and cuts on that day. This helps to expedite the process.
* Individual interviews will be conducted before the final dance cut.
* Once the interviews have concluded, we will hold the final dance cut. We will deliberate for approximately an hour, then announce the 2011-2012 Torero Spirit Team.
* Once the team has been announced, we will have a team meeting and introduction. Please bring a checkbook, as we will be collecting uniform money at that time.
* You will also be fitted for your uniforms at this time.
* You must provide a copy of your acceptance letter, by the end of June, if you are an incoming freshman or transfer.
For any further questions, please contact Head Coach Nicole DeMartini. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Men's Basketball Season Tickets
Starting as Low as $99
Pono Keni and Coach Lindsey talk about Saturday's Senior Day game against Butler
Coach Fisher and forward Maya Hood talk about Tuesday's home-opener against CSUN
Coach Smith and Brett Bailey preview the season opener at USC
Jonah Hodges and Dale Lindsey talk about Jonah's return and preview Davidson game
San Diego Fall Classic Preview
Coach Dagman previews the San Diego Fall Classic
USD's Women's Basketball team will start their season at Nevada this weekend
USD Men's Basketball - The Origins (1955-1973)
A Glance at the Beginnings of Torero Hoops
Coach Lindsey and Jeff Starr preview Campbell
Coach Lindsey and Jereke Armstrong talk about the season so far
WCC Media Day
Behind the scenes with Men's and Women's Basketball at WCC media day
Dale Lindsey and Anthony Lawrence on USD's 45-14 win
Anthony Lawrence and Coach Lindsey preview game vs. Warner
Torero Community Service
USD Athletics helps out at Father Joe's Village in downtown San Diego
Men's Basketball Camp Update
Kok and Carter talk about the upcoming season
Toreros host Bulldogs for Homecoming game
Toreros look for 4th straight win
Pack the Stadium Night
ITA All-American's Preview
Petronijevic, Angus, & Vittek Prepare
USD Looks to Extend Home Win Streak
Toreros First True Road Game of 2015
CSUN and UCSB Preview
Toreros Look to Extend Win Streak
Aztec Invite Recap
Both Squads Finish Second
Toreros Take on Cross-town Rival
Highlights from 45-21 win
2015 Home Opener
Previewing Western New Mexico
Volleyball Tournament Preview
A preview of the USD Tournament
Men's Soccer Season Opener
Previewing No. 16 Cal
Training Camp Update
Coach Lindsey Recaps the First Two Weeks
2015 WSOC Preview
A brief preview of the 2015 Toreros.