Sept. 8, 2011
Come join the nationally ranked Torero Spirit Team, cheer for our Torero champions, and dance in front of sold out crowds for Torero football and basketball games! Get involved in the USD student community and the San Diego community. Compete and dance with one of the most well respected dance and cheer teams in the West Coast Conference.
Tryouts: Sunday- September, 18 2011
Where: Jenny Craig Pavilion
When: 9am doors & registration open.
What to wear:
- All black dance attire. (jazz pants, cargo pants, form fitting, appropriate tops, no baggy t-shirts). - Tennis shoes and jazz shoes with non-marking soles.
- Hair should be down and make-up should be done as if you were at a performance.
- No jewelry or visible body piercings.
What to Bring:
- $500 cash/ check made payable to USD Athletics for uniforms if you make the team.
- Water bottle
* All necessary forms and application will be available at tryouts to fill out. We will also take a Polaroid picture of you to attach to your application.
* Tryouts will consist of dance, cheer, and technique. Number of cuts is based on the number of people auditioning.
* You will be taught a 4 eight count hip hop/jazz combo routine and demonstrate technique across the floor. You will also learn a cheer/chant, demonstrate rallying ability, and anyone who tumbles will have the opportunity to show that as well. Mats will not be available. Please, no tumbling, unless you have prior experience.
* Judging is based on a selection system. The judges and coaches will make the choices and cuts on that day. This helps to expedite the process.
* Individual interviews will be conducted before the final dance cut.
* Once the interviews have concluded, we will hold the final dance cut. We will deliberate for approximately an hour, then announce the 2011-2012 Torero Spirit Team.
* Once the team has been announced, we will have a team meeting and introduction. Please bring a checkbook, as we will be collecting uniform money at that time.
* You will also be fitted for your uniforms at this time.
* You must provide a copy of your acceptance letter, by the end of June, if you are an incoming freshman or transfer.
For any further questions, please contact Head Coach Nicole DeMartini. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
2017 Football Season Preview
Head Coach Dale Lindsey and Senior Ray Clark discuss upcoming season
Celebration of Excellence 2017
Check out the end of the year COE boat cruise with student-athletes, coaches and staff
USD Athletics Highlight Video 2016-17
Don't miss the best highlights from this past year in USD Athletics
President for a Day
USD President Harris switched places with Track & Cross Country Senior Olivia Gonzalez
Torero Timeout with Olivia Sandusky
Walk down the beach with softball senior Olivia Sandusky on a Torero Timeout
Jamal Agnew Drafted to the Detroit Lions
Jamal Agnew was drafted in the fifth round as the #165 pick to the Lions