The NFL Players Association is proud to announce the next set of player commitments to the 2017 NFLPA Collegiate Bowl. Joining the National and American team rosters are San Diego defensive back Jamal Agnew, Oregon State defensive back Devin Chappell, Miami defensive back Adrian Colbert, Cornell punter Chris Fraser, Eastern Michigan defensive lineman Pat O'Connor.
Highlights from the five committed players include:
* Agnew recorded 31 tackles, two interceptions and a blocked kick to earn team Defensive MVP honors and help the Toreros (10-2, 8-0 PFL) to the second round of the FCS Playoffs. USD finished with the program's all-time best national ranking of No. 19. The senior also had 11 pass breakups, pushing his career total to a school record of 48.
* The versatile Chappell tied a school single-season record with six forced fumbles to go with 77 tackles (including six for loss), one sack, one interception and two fumble recoveries for the Beavers.
* After transferring from Texas to be a graduate student at Miami, Colbert was limited to three games this fall due to injury, but he made his presence felt at the cornerback position with 18 tackles, one interception and three pass breakups.
* Fraser used his booming leg to average 41.9 yards per punt with a long of 67 yards and earned his fourth nod to the All-Ivy League first team.
* O'Connor led the Eagles with eight sacks and 12.5 tackles for loss in 12 games this season. He also had 38 tackles and five forced fumbles.
In this year's NFLPA Collegiate Bowl, Mike Martz will look to defend his 2016 National Team title against Jim Zorn's American Team at StubHub Center on the campus of California State University Dominguez Hills. The Jan. 21 game will be broadcast by Fox Sports on FS1 with kickoff slated for 1 p.m. PST/4 p.m. EST.
For more information about the 2017 NFLPA Collegiate, CLICK HERE . Follow the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
USD Football: FaceTime with Lion's Jamal Agnew
USD Head Coach Dale Lindsey congratulates Torero alum Agnew on his first NFL touchdown
USD Football: Brian Fogarty PFL Classic
From tailgates to touchdowns, we got it all
USD Football: Week Four
Hard work follows these Toreros on and off the field
USD Cross Country: USD Invite
Missed Saturday's race? Don't stress, we have it right here
USD Football: Week Three
Sights and sounds of USD Football at work
USD Invite: Take a Lap
Men's and women's cross country host the USD Invite: the only home race for the Toreros
USD Football: Week Two
Football hard at work for their first away game at UC Davis
Three Games - One Day
Ole Weekend was one to remember for USD Athletics
USD Football: Week One
Toreros preps for their home opener against Western New Mexico
2017 Football Season Preview
Head Coach Dale Lindsey and Senior Ray Clark discuss upcoming season
USD Athletics Highlight Video 2016-17
Don't miss the best highlights from this past year in USD Athletics