The NFL Players Association is proud to announce the next set of player commitments to the 2017 NFLPA Collegiate Bowl. Joining the National and American team rosters are San Diego defensive back Jamal Agnew, Oregon State defensive back Devin Chappell, Miami defensive back Adrian Colbert, Cornell punter Chris Fraser, Eastern Michigan defensive lineman Pat O'Connor.
Highlights from the five committed players include:
* Agnew recorded 31 tackles, two interceptions and a blocked kick to earn team Defensive MVP honors and help the Toreros (10-2, 8-0 PFL) to the second round of the FCS Playoffs. USD finished with the program's all-time best national ranking of No. 19. The senior also had 11 pass breakups, pushing his career total to a school record of 48.
* The versatile Chappell tied a school single-season record with six forced fumbles to go with 77 tackles (including six for loss), one sack, one interception and two fumble recoveries for the Beavers.
* After transferring from Texas to be a graduate student at Miami, Colbert was limited to three games this fall due to injury, but he made his presence felt at the cornerback position with 18 tackles, one interception and three pass breakups.
* Fraser used his booming leg to average 41.9 yards per punt with a long of 67 yards and earned his fourth nod to the All-Ivy League first team.
* O'Connor led the Eagles with eight sacks and 12.5 tackles for loss in 12 games this season. He also had 38 tackles and five forced fumbles.
In this year's NFLPA Collegiate Bowl, Mike Martz will look to defend his 2016 National Team title against Jim Zorn's American Team at StubHub Center on the campus of California State University Dominguez Hills. The Jan. 21 game will be broadcast by Fox Sports on FS1 with kickoff slated for 1 p.m. PST/4 p.m. EST.
For more information about the 2017 NFLPA Collegiate, CLICK HERE . Follow the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
Celebration of Excellence 2017
Check out the end of the year COE boat cruise with student-athletes, coaches and staff
USD Athletics Highlight Video 2016-17
Don't miss the best highlights from this past year in USD Athletics
President for a Day
USD President Harris switched places with Track & Cross Country Senior Olivia Gonzalez
Torero Timeout with Olivia Sandusky
Walk down the beach with softball senior Olivia Sandusky on a Torero Timeout
Jamal Agnew Drafted to the Detroit Lions
Jamal Agnew was drafted in the fifth round as the #165 pick to the Lions