WEEK 6: The USD Toreros (3-2, 2-0 PFL), under the direction of fifth year head coach Dale Lindsey, have a bye this week after opening up PFL play with two consecutive victories. The Toreros are off until their homecoming contest against Morehead State on Saturday, October 14th. Game time is slated for 2:00 p.m. at Walter J. Zable Field at Torero Stadium.
FOOTBALL TICKETS: USD offers some outstanding packages for its Torero fans for the five regular season games. All season tickets are located on the south side of the stadium- sections 112-123. An individual season ticket costs $60.00. A USD Faculty/Staff season ticket costs $40.00. USD is excited to offer a new promotion for its recent Torero Graduates (within last 5 years), a season ticket for $40.00. A Family Four Pack (includes two adult and two children season tickets) can be purchased for $180.00. Season tickets can be purchased online, by phone or in-person. USD Faculty/Staff, Recent Graduate and Family Four Pack may only be purchased through the box office, either by phone 619-260-7550 or in-person. Single game ticket prices for football include the following: reserved seating ($15), general admission ($10 adult, $5 high school student or under). USD faculty and staff receive up to four free general admission tickets (available upon request). The Toreros provide an excellent Family Four Pack for $48; this comes with four general admission tickets, four hot dogs, four sodas and one popcorn. Group tickets for general admission only seats are $7 (10 to 19 people), and $5 for groups of 20 or more. Additionally, all military personnel (with proper ID) can receive a complimentary ticket for all Torero home football games.
PFL STANDINGS & SCHEDULE: San Diego (2-0 PFL, 3-2), Campbell (2-0, 3-2), Drake (2-0, 3-2), Jacksonville (1-0, 3-1), Marist (2-1, 3-2), Morehead State (1-1, 2-3), Valparaiso (1-1, 2-3), Davidson (0-1, 2-2), Butler (0-2, 2-3), Dayton (0-2, 1-4), Stetson (0-3, 0-5). OCT. 7TH GAMES: Columbia at Marist, Butler at Morehead State, Brown at Stetson, Davidson at Jacksonville, Dayton at Drake, Valparaiso at Campbell.
* Through five games the Torero defense ranks 13th in rushing defense (85.8) and red zone defense (0.625).
* With his two sacks at Dayton, senior DE Jonathan Petersen now has six on the season and 31.5 for his career. He needs just four more this season to set a new USD career mark of 35.5. Eric Bakhtiari currently holds the record of 35 (2004-2007), and Mario Kurn is second at 34.5 (2008-2011). Among all FCS players Petersen is tied for 6th in sacks (1.2) and forced fumbles (0.60), and is 10th in tackles for loss (1.9).
* Quarterback Anthony Lawrence ranks in the top-20 in three FCS categories: 13th in passing yards (1,271), #17 in passing touchdowns (10) and is tied for 19th in completions per game (20.60).
* Senior wide receiver Justin Priest is off to an outstanding season. He is 8th in receiving touchdowns (5), 9th in receiving yards per game (102.8), 13th in total receiving yards (514) and 20th in receptions per game (6.4).
* Freshman running back Emilio Martinez ranks 20th in FCS in rushing yards (411) and all-purpose yards (138.5 per game).
* Junior LB Kim Mahoney leads the defense with 37 tackles to go with 2 forced fumbles and 2 fumble recoveries.
* USD owns streaks of 28 straight PFL home victories and 15 straight overall PFL wins.
* Senior Max Michaels is among 181 semifinalists for the Campbell Trophy which recognizes an individual as the absolute best football scholar-athlete in the nation.
Women's Basketball: WCC Hoops Tip-Off
Coach Fisher and Maya Hood attend media day in Las Vegas
Men's Basketball: New Heights
Men's basketball celebrates the third era of the program
Alumni and family gathered together for an eventful Homecoming weekend
Torero Timeout with Kristen Gengenbacher
Take a Timeout with the senior setter at her house in South Mission Beach
Football: Week Seven
Football preps for this Saturday's Homecoming game
Torero Timeout with Jonathan Petersen
USD Football's Petersen strolls through Belmont Park during his bye week
USD Basketball: Practice No. 1
Check out what practice looks like for the Torero ballers
Football: Week Five
Toreros prep for big game against Dayton
Football: FaceTime with Lion's Jamal Agnew
USD Head Coach Dale Lindsey congratulates Torero alum Agnew on his first NFL touchdown
Football: Brian Fogarty PFL Classic
From tailgates to touchdowns, we got it all
Football: Week Four
Hard work follows these Toreros on and off the field
Cross Country: USD Invite
Missed Saturday's race? Don't stress, we have it right here
Football: Week Three
Sights and sounds of USD Football at work
USD Invite: Take a Lap
Men's and women's cross country host the USD Invite: the only home race for the Toreros
Football: Week Two
Football hard at work for their first away game at UC Davis
Three Games - One Day
Ole Weekend was one to remember for USD Athletics
Football: Week One
Toreros preps for their home opener against Western New Mexico
2017 Football Season Preview
Head Coach Dale Lindsey and Senior Ray Clark discuss upcoming season
USD Athletics Highlight Video 2016-17
Don't miss the best highlights from this past year in USD Athletics