|San Diego Football|
|Saturday||San Diego vs. Morehead State||2 p.m.||Tickets||Live Video||Mighty 1090||Live Stats|
|Plan Ahead For Your Trip to Torero Stadium|
|11 a.m.||» Homecoming Pregame Tailgate (Fowler Park)|
|12:30 p.m.||» Gates / Ticket Office / Concessions Open|
|» Wells Fargo Giant Jenga (Eagan Plaza)|
|» Torero Stadium DJ Begins Pregame Set (DJ Swish)|
|12:45 p.m.||» In-Venue Beer Garden Opens (Torero Stadium, West End Zone, 21+)|
|1 p.m.||» Mighty 1090 Pregame Show Begins|
|1:57 p.m.||» Toreros Take the Field|
|1:58 p.m.||» National Anthem (by USD student, Caleb Bills)|
|2 p.m.||» Kickoff|
GAME #6: The USD Toreros (3-2, 2-0 PFL), under the direction of fifth year head coach Dale Lindsey, return to action this week when they play host to the Morehead State Eagles (2-4, 1-2 PFL). The game will be streamed at usdtoreros.com and will be broadcast on The Mighty 1090AM airwaves (Jack Cronin, play-by-play). Cronin will host a one hour pregame show on 1090AM beginning at 1:00 pm.
FOOTBALL TICKETS: USD offers some outstanding packages for its Torero fans for the five regular season games. All season tickets are located on the south side of the stadium- sections 112-123. An individual season ticket costs $60.00. A USD Faculty/Staff season ticket costs $40.00. USD is excited to offer a new promotion for its recent Torero Graduates (within last 5 years), a season ticket for $40.00. A Family Four Pack (includes two adult and two children season tickets) can be purchased for $180.00. Season tickets can be purchased online, by phone or in-person. USD Faculty/Staff, Recent Graduate and Family Four Pack may only be purchased through the box office, either by phone 619-260-7550 or in-person. Single game ticket prices for football include the following: reserved seating ($15), general admission ($10 adult, $5 high school student or under). USD faculty and staff receive up to four free general admission tickets (available upon request). The Toreros provide an excellent Family Four Pack for $48; this comes with four general admission tickets, four hot dogs, four sodas and one popcorn. Group tickets for general admission only seats are $7 (10 to 19 people), and $5 for groups of 20 or more. Additionally, all military personnel (with proper ID) can receive a complimentary ticket for all Torero home football games.
SERIES RECORD: This is 11th meeting between USD and Morehead State and the Toreros own a perfect 10-0 record against the Eagles... The last time these two teams met was on November 8, 2014 with San Diego earning a 49-28 home victory at Torero Stadium... Sophomore running back Jonah Hodges rambled for 160 yards and 2 touchdowns, and sophomore QB Keith Williams tossed 4 touchdowns as San Diego totaled 499 yards of offense.
A LOOK AHEAD: The Toreros play the first of back-to-back road games in Florida on October 21st when they take on the Jacksonville Dolphins at 9:00 a.m. (Pacific). The following weekend USD will play at Stetson University on the 28th (10:00 a.m. Pacific).
PFL STANDINGS & SCHEDULE: Campbell (3-0, 4-2), San Diego (2-0 PFL, 3-2), Jacksonville (2-0, 4-1), Drake (2-1, 3-3), Marist (2-1, 3-3), Butler (1-2, 3-3), Dayton (1-2, 2-4), Morehead State (1-2, 2-4), Valparaiso (1-2, 2-4), Davidson (0-2, 2-2), Stetson (0-3, 1-5). OCT. 14TH GAMES: Jacksonville at Butler, Campbell at Dayton, Davidson at Stetson, Marist at Valparaiso, Morehead State at San Diego.
— USD Toreros (@USDToreros) October 7, 2017
* USD Football is in its 55th season of play, and 25th season as a member of the Pioneer Football League... San Diego is second for most PFL titles with eight (Dayton leads with 12)... The Toreros have won five of the past six PFL championships (2016, 2015c, 2014, 2012c, 2011c) and eight overall when adding in titles from 2007c, 2006, 2005.
* Under head coach Dale Lindsey's watch, the Toreros are now 24-2 overall in home games at Torero Stadium, including a perfect 5-0 mark this past season. Coach Lindsey has yet to drop a home PFL contest in four seasons (17-0 record), and the Toreros have now won 28 straight. Lindsey, a two-time PFL Coach of the Year and two-time FCS Eddie Robinson Coach of the Year candidate, is 39-12 overall (.764 winning percentage). Coach Lindsey has a weekly radio spot every Friday at 8:50 a.m. (Pacific) on the Dan Sileo Show on The Mighty 1090AM.
*Anthony Lawrence was named the PFL Co-Offensive Player of the Week for his efforts following the Butler game. Lawrence's five touchdowns tied a career-high (10/22/16 vs. Valparaiso). He received more good news when he was selected a Amateur Star of the Month for September by the San Diego Hall of Champions. For the five games in September he completed 103-165 passes (62.4%) for 1,271 yards and 10 touchdowns.
* Torero players have selected senior right tackle Miles McArdle (Napa, Calif.) and senior defensive end Jonathan Peterson (Poway, Calif.) as its 2017 team captains.
* USD had a league-high seven players named to the preseason All-PFL team. Senior defensive end Jonathan Petersen (Poway, Calif.) and senior offensive tackle Miles McArdle (Napa, Calif.) were selected for the second consecutive year. Joining them on this year's preseason team are redshirt junior QB Anthony Lawrence (La Mesa, California), senior TE Ross Dwelley (El Dorado Hills, Calif.), senior offensive center Joe Hurney (Charlotte, North Carolina), redshirt junior offensive tackle Daniel Cooney (Western Springs, Illinois) and senior safety Ray Clark (Brentwood, California).
* Three Toreros have received prestigious preseason recognition... Junior QB Anthony Lawrence is on the STATS FCS Walter Payton Award Watch List that is given to the top FCS player at the end of the year... Junior left tackle Daniel Cooney was named to the STATS FCS All-America Second Team and senior DE Jonathan Petersen was named to the STATS FCS All-America Third Team.
* From the more than 1.1 million high school football players across the country, the National Football Foundation & College Hall of Fame (NFF) announced the names of five outstanding individuals as the recipients of the 2017 NFF Chapter Scholar-Athlete Awards. USD freshman fullback Brandon Micale (Arvada, CO) was selected for the west region for this honor. He will be a guest in New York on Dec. 5 for the awards luncheon, and the five 2017 recipients will attend the 60th NFF Annual Awards Dinner, also at the New York Hilton Midtown, as honored guests where they will meet many of the game's greatest legends and current college stars.
* Senior LB Max Michaels (Poway, Calif.) is a semifinalist for the William V. Campbell Trophy, announced by the National Football Foundation and College Football Hall of Fame. He is one of 181 semi-finalists for the award that recognizes an individual as the absolute best football scholar-athlete in the nation. Michaels carries a 3.93 grade-point average in his major of Accountancy. * With two sacks against Dayton, senior DE Jonathan Petersen is closing in on the Torero career record for quarterback sacks... With 6.0 sacks this season (1.2 per game, 2nd in PFL), he now owns 31.5 career sacks and needs 4.0 more to surpass Torero record holder Eric Bakhtiari (35, 2004-2007). Among FCS players, Petersen ranks tied for 2nd in forced fumbles (0.60), tied for 3rd in sacks (1.2) and 5th in tackles for loss (1.9). With 13 career forced fumbles, Petersen is USD's all-time leader in that category.
* Freshman running back Emilio Martinez (Salinas, Calif.) ranks first among PFL players in all-purpose yards per game (135.8; #17 in FCS). He is fourth in the PFL in rushing yards per game (82.2; #29 FCS).
*Senior wide receiver Justin Priest (Sacramento, Calif.) continues his strong season by ranking among the best in the FCS - 12th in receiving yards per game (102.8), tied for 14th in touchdown receptions (5), 18th in receiving yards (514) and tied for 18th in receptions per game (6.4)
* Over the past 12 seasons (2005-2016) the Toreros have combined for an overall record of 101-34 (74.8 winning percentage), and a PFL mark of 67-15 (81.7 winning percentage)... USD's overall home record on Walter J. Zable Field at Torero Stadium since the start of the 2005 campaign is 62-10 (86.1 winning percentage)... Including the last five home wins of the 2004 campaign, the Toreros strung together a school record 28 straight home victories (2004-2008).
* Former Torero Jamal Agnew (San Diego, Calif.), now on the active roster for the Detroit Lions, electrified an ESPN national audience on Monday Night Football (September 18th) when he returned a fourth quarter punt against the New York Giants for 88 yards and a touchdown. The return came at a crucial moment for the Lions, which were leading 17-10 at the time, extending their lead to two touchdowns, 24-10, and the game's final score. He was named the NFC Special Teams Player of the Week.
* This week's opponent, the Morehead State Eagles, come to town with an overall record of 2-4 (1-2 PFL)... This past weekend they dropped a 44-6 decision to the Butler Bulldogs... QB Lawson Page completed 15-24 passes for 135 yards, but the Eagles rushing game was limited to just 48 yards on 21 carries... Page scored on a 6-yard run with 9:44 to go in the game to prevent a shutout... For the season Page has completed 105-165 for 1,264 yards and 10 TDs... His main targets have been Jarin Higginbotham (23-497 yards, 5 TDs) and Christian Robinson (22-270 yards, 4 TDs)... Logan Holbrook is the leading rusher (308 yards, 4 TDs)... Defensively, linebacker Jerome Brooks owns a team-high 39 stops that includes 8.5 tackles for loss (-29 yards)... Head Coach Rob Tenyer is in his 5th season and owns a 20-32 mark.
Women's Basketball: WCC Hoops Tip-Off
Coach Fisher and Maya Hood attend media day in Las Vegas
Men's Basketball: New Heights
Men's basketball celebrates the third era of the program
Alumni and family gathered together for an eventful Homecoming weekend
Torero Timeout with Kristen Gengenbacher
Take a Timeout with the senior setter at her house in South Mission Beach
Football: Week Seven
Football preps for this Saturday's Homecoming game
Torero Timeout with Jonathan Petersen
USD Football's Petersen strolls through Belmont Park during his bye week
USD Basketball: Practice No. 1
Check out what practice looks like for the Torero ballers
Football: Week Five
Toreros prep for big game against Dayton
Football: FaceTime with Lion's Jamal Agnew
USD Head Coach Dale Lindsey congratulates Torero alum Agnew on his first NFL touchdown
Football: Brian Fogarty PFL Classic
From tailgates to touchdowns, we got it all
Football: Week Four
Hard work follows these Toreros on and off the field
Cross Country: USD Invite
Missed Saturday's race? Don't stress, we have it right here
Football: Week Three
Sights and sounds of USD Football at work
USD Invite: Take a Lap
Men's and women's cross country host the USD Invite: the only home race for the Toreros
Football: Week Two
Football hard at work for their first away game at UC Davis
Three Games - One Day
Ole Weekend was one to remember for USD Athletics
Football: Week One
Toreros preps for their home opener against Western New Mexico
2017 Football Season Preview
Head Coach Dale Lindsey and Senior Ray Clark discuss upcoming season
USD Athletics Highlight Video 2016-17
Don't miss the best highlights from this past year in USD Athletics