|San Diego Men's Soccer|
|Friday||San Diego vs. UC Santa Barbara||8:30 p.m.||Tickets||Live Stats||theW.tv|
SAN DIEGO – San Diego makes its home debut and will pursue its first victory of the season Friday when it plays host to UC Santa Barbara at 8:30 p.m. (PT).
The game will be streamed on theW.tv and live statistics will be available via USDToreros.com.
LAST TIME OUT
• The Toreros played well against a pair of top-10 opponents during its opening weekend. USD dropped a 2-0 result at No. 10 Notre Dame and fell 1-0 in overtime against No. 7 Indiana.
• Goalkeeper Thomas Olsen played well in both contests, making four saves against the Irish and four stops against the Hoosiers.
• The Toreros defense was excellent and helped keep the team within striking distance in both games. The backline did well to keep the opposition’s attack away from the center of the field and limited opportunities in the penalty box.
SAN DIEGO VS. UCSB HISTORY
• The Toreros are 6-11 all-time against UCSB. USD dropped a 5-2 decision in the most recent meeting on Sept. 2, 2016.
COACH MCFADDEN’S FINAL SEASON
• Head coach Seamus McFadden returns for his 39th and final season at the helm. McFadden will continue to help with the team in future seasons but associate head coach, Brian Quinn, will take the lead at the end of the year.
• McFadden holds a career record of 377-282-68. Entering the 2017 season, the 377 career wins ranked eighth among active NCAA D-I coaches and 22nd overall for career wins all-time.
BALANCE IN THE LINEUP
• USD boasts a quality mix of experienced returners and a talented freshman class. The Toreros return 14 letterwinners, eight starters and nine freshmen.
LEADING THE ATTACK
• Miguel Berry returns for his sophomore season after leading the team with eight goals as a freshman last year. Djordje Babic was third on the team with 12 points (four goals, four assists) last season and returns for his senior campaign.
IN THE BOX
• Thomas Olsen is off to a strong start in 2017, making eight saves in two games during the opening weekend at No. 10 Notre Dame (Aug. 25) and No. 7 Indiana (Aug. 27).
• Olsen started 16-of-18 games in goal last season and held a 1.87 goals-against average and .589 save percentage.
• USD has won three of the past five WCC Championships and nine all-time in program history.
Torero Timeout with Summer Mason
USD junior women's soccer player takes a timeout during a study break
On Saturday We Dominate
Big wins for both USD Football and USD Volleyball Saturday afternoon
Torero Timeout with Henry Lander
Men's soccer sophomore Henry Lander takes a Timeout between classes
Football: Week Ten
Toreros gear up for home game against Drake
Men's and women's basketball teamed up to host a Halloween event
Football: Week Nine
Big day in the weight room for the Toreros
Seamus McFadden's Legacy
39 years in review by former players and coaches
Alumni, staff and the San Diego community gathered to celebrate Men's Soccer Head Coach Seamus McFadden
Sixth Man Night: The Event
Recap video of the October 12 fundraiser event
Women's Basketball: WCC Hoops Tip-Off
Coach Fisher and Maya Hood attend media day in Las Vegas
Men's Basketball: New Heights
Men's basketball celebrates the third era of the program
Alumni and family gathered together for an eventful Homecoming weekend
Torero Timeout with Kristen Gengenbacher
Take a Timeout with the senior setter at her house in South Mission Beach
Football: Week Seven
Football preps for this Saturday's Homecoming game
Torero Timeout with Jonathan Petersen
USD Football's Petersen strolls through Belmont Park during his bye week
USD Basketball: Practice No. 1
Check out what practice looks like for the Torero ballers
Football: Week Five
Toreros prep for big game against Dayton
Football: FaceTime with Lion's Jamal Agnew
USD Head Coach Dale Lindsey congratulates Torero alum Agnew on his first NFL touchdown
Football: Brian Fogarty PFL Classic
From tailgates to touchdowns, we got it all
Football: Week Four
Hard work follows these Toreros on and off the field
Cross Country: USD Invite
Missed Saturday's race? Don't stress, we have it right here
Football: Week Three
Sights and sounds of USD Football at work
USD Invite: Take a Lap
Men's and women's cross country host the USD Invite: the only home race for the Toreros
Football: Week Two
Football hard at work for their first away game at UC Davis
Three Games - One Day
Ole Weekend was one to remember for USD Athletics
Football: Week One
Toreros preps for their home opener against Western New Mexico
2017 Football Season Preview
Head Coach Dale Lindsey and Senior Ray Clark discuss upcoming season
USD Athletics Highlight Video 2016-17
Don't miss the best highlights from this past year in USD Athletics