|San Diego Men's Soccer|
|Friday||Lipscomb||7 p.m.||Tickets||theW.tv||Live Stats|
|Sunday||at Fullerton||5 p.m.||--||BigWest.tv||Live Stats|
SAN DIEGO – San Diego looks to extend its three-game winning-streak this weekend when it plays host to Lipscomb and travels to Fullerton.
The Toreros have a scheduled kickoff time with the Bisons at 7 p.m. (PT). The game will start 30 minutes after the San Diego women’s soccer game against UC Irvine match at 5 p.m. One ticket is good for both matches.
USD concludes the weekend with a Sunday evening game at Fullerton at 5 p.m.
Friday’s game will be streamed via theW.tv, while Sunday’s match will be streamed via BigWest.tv. Live statistics will be available for both matches.
LAST TIME OUT
• USD went 2-0 last weekend, defeating Sacramento State, 2-0, and UC Davis, 2-1, to win the Copa de Causeway.
• The Toreros struck early with two first-half goals against the Hornets. Miguel Berry netted his second consecutive game-winning goal in the 33rd minute. Freddy Polzer extended the lead with his first collegiate goal just before halftime.
• USD faced a 1-0 second-half deficit but scored twice in the final 18 minutes to earn a 2-1 victory. Reuben Dass created the equalizer in the 73rd minute weaving through the defense before sending a dangerous cross into the box that an Aggies defender kicked into his own net. Allen Luhrs provided the winner in the 82nd minute with a blistering shot to the top netting of the goal.
COPA DE CAUSEWAY ALL-TOURNAMENT TEAM
• Goalkeeper Thomas Olsen, striker Miguell Berry, and defenders Henry Lander and Josiah Benjamin were named to the Copa de Causeway All-Tournament Team for their standout play during the games at Sacramento State and UC Davis.
OLSEN NAMED WCC PLAYER OF THE WEEK
• Thomas Olsen was named the WCC Player of the Week, helping lead the Toreros to a 2-0 record this past weekend. He earned his second shutout of the season at Sacramento State and registered a career-high seven saves at UC Davis to preserve a 2-1 victory.
— USD Men's Soccer (@USDmsoccer) September 12, 2017
LIPSCOMB SERIES HISTORY
• USD is 1-0 all-time against Lipscomb, earning a 3-1 result on Oct. 24, 2015, in Nashville, Tennessee. Tied 1-1 at halftime, Parker Price and Keegan Smith scored second-half goals to propel the Toreros to victory.
FULLERTON SERIES HISTORY
• USD is 14-11-4 all-time against Fullerton, and is 3-1-1 against the Titans in the past five meetings. Fullerton won the most recent meeting, 3-1, last season in San Diego.
COACH MCFADDEN’S FINAL SEASON
• Head coach Seamus McFadden returns for his 39th and final season at the helm. McFadden will continue to help with the team in future seasons but associate head coach, Brian Quinn, will take the lead at the end of the year.
• McFadden holds a career record of 380-282-68. Entering the 2017 season, McFadden had 377 career wins, which ranked eighth among active NCAA D-I coaches and 22nd overall for career wins all-time.
BALANCE IN THE LINEUP
• USD boasts a quality mix of experienced returners and a talented freshman class. The Toreros return 14 letterwinners, eight starters and nine freshmen.
LEADING THE ATTACK
• Miguel Berry leads the team with four points on a team-high two goals. He returns for his sophomore season after leading the team with eight goals as a freshman last year.
• Djordje Babic was third on the team with 12 points (four goals, four assists) during the 2016 season and returns for his senior campaign.
IN THE BOX
• Thomas Olsen is off to a strong start in 2017. He made a career-high seven saves at UC Davis (Sept. 10) to help San Diego preserve a 2-1 victory. He holds a 0.78 goals-against average and .840 save percentage.
• Olsen started 16-of-18 games in goal in 2016 and held a 1.87 goals-against average and .589 save percentage.
• USD has won three of the past five WCC Championships and nine all-time in program history.
Torero Timeout with Summer Mason
USD junior women's soccer player takes a timeout during a study break
On Saturday We Dominate
Big wins for both USD Football and USD Volleyball Saturday afternoon
Torero Timeout with Henry Lander
Men's soccer sophomore Henry Lander takes a Timeout between classes
Football: Week Ten
Toreros gear up for home game against Drake
Men's and women's basketball teamed up to host a Halloween event
Football: Week Nine
Big day in the weight room for the Toreros
Seamus McFadden's Legacy
39 years in review by former players and coaches
Alumni, staff and the San Diego community gathered to celebrate Men's Soccer Head Coach Seamus McFadden
Sixth Man Night: The Event
Recap video of the October 12 fundraiser event
Women's Basketball: WCC Hoops Tip-Off
Coach Fisher and Maya Hood attend media day in Las Vegas
Men's Basketball: New Heights
Men's basketball celebrates the third era of the program
Alumni and family gathered together for an eventful Homecoming weekend
Torero Timeout with Kristen Gengenbacher
Take a Timeout with the senior setter at her house in South Mission Beach
Football: Week Seven
Football preps for this Saturday's Homecoming game
Torero Timeout with Jonathan Petersen
USD Football's Petersen strolls through Belmont Park during his bye week
USD Basketball: Practice No. 1
Check out what practice looks like for the Torero ballers
Football: Week Five
Toreros prep for big game against Dayton
Football: FaceTime with Lion's Jamal Agnew
USD Head Coach Dale Lindsey congratulates Torero alum Agnew on his first NFL touchdown
Football: Brian Fogarty PFL Classic
From tailgates to touchdowns, we got it all
Football: Week Four
Hard work follows these Toreros on and off the field
Cross Country: USD Invite
Missed Saturday's race? Don't stress, we have it right here
Football: Week Three
Sights and sounds of USD Football at work
USD Invite: Take a Lap
Men's and women's cross country host the USD Invite: the only home race for the Toreros
Football: Week Two
Football hard at work for their first away game at UC Davis
Three Games - One Day
Ole Weekend was one to remember for USD Athletics
Football: Week One
Toreros preps for their home opener against Western New Mexico
2017 Football Season Preview
Head Coach Dale Lindsey and Senior Ray Clark discuss upcoming season
USD Athletics Highlight Video 2016-17
Don't miss the best highlights from this past year in USD Athletics