|San Diego Men's Soccer|
|Friday||vs. Portland||7 p.m.||Tickets||TheW.tv||Live Stats|
|Sunday||vs. Gonzaga||1 p.m.||Tickets||TheW.tv||Live Stats|
SAN DIEGO – San Diego continues its four-game homestand and will look to extend its three-game winning streak this weekend when it plays host to Portland and Gonzaga.
The Toreros (6-3-1, 1-0 WCC) are unbeaten in their past four matches and have not allowed a goal since its match at Fullerton in the 14th minute on Sept. 17 – a span of 366:20 minutes.
San Diego opens weekend play against the Pilots (6-5, 1-0 WCC) on Friday at 7 p.m. (PT) and conclude the weekend against the Bulldogs (6-4-1, 0-1 WCC) on Sunday at 1 p.m.
LAST TIME OUT
• Both Toreros goals were stunners with the first being delivered by Mueller-Wiesen on a free kick in the 41st minute. With the ball placed directly in the center of the field at the top of the penalty box, Mueller-Wiesen curled a perfectly-placed right-footed shot to the top left corner of the goal. It was Mueller-Wiesen’s first goal as a Torero.
• Ryan provided the fireworks in the second half, redirecting a hard cross by Patric Krall from 15 yards out with a right-footed full volley to the top left corner of the goal. It was Ryan’s first collegiate goal. The quality finish doubled the Toreros lead to 2-0 in the 74th minute.
PORTLAND SERIES HISTORY
• USD is 21-18-5 all-time against Portland and has won three of the past four meetings. The Pilots won last year’s contest, a 4-0 decision in Portland.
GONZAGA SERIES HISTORY
• The Toreros are 26-7-2 all-time against Gonzaga and is 6-1-1 in the past eight meetings, dating back to 2011. The Bulldogs lone victory during that stretch came last year in a 3-2 overtime decision.
COACH MCFADDEN’S FINAL SEASON
• Head coach Seamus McFadden returns for his 39th and final season at the helm. McFadden will continue to help with the team in future seasons but associate head coach, Brian Quinn, will take the lead at the end of the year.
• McFadden holds a career record of 383-282-68. Entering the 2017 season, McFadden had 377 career wins, which ranked eighth among active NCAA D-I coaches and 22nd overall for career wins all-time.
EXCELLING IN THE CLASSROOM
• San Diego was named a United Soccer Coaches Team Academic Award Winner earlier this season. The Toreros earned a team GPA of 3.14 during the 2016-17 academic year. It is the second time the team has been recognized after earning honors in 2014.
LEADING THE ATTACK
• Miguel Berry leads the team with 10 points on a team-high four goals. He returns for his sophomore season after leading the team with eight goals as a freshman last year. He tied for the third-most goals among WCC players.
• Freddy Polzer has established himself as one of the team’s best creators, regularly setting up teammates in the final third. He has logged two goals and two assists this season and is second on the team with six points.
IN THE BOX
• Thomas Olsen is having an excellent final season. He has played every minute for the Toreros and holds a 0.76 goals-against average and .826 save percentage.
• Olsen leads the WCC in goals-against average (0.76), save percentage (.826), shutouts (5), shutouts per game (0.50) and is second in saves (38).
• Olsen made a career-high seven saves at UC Davis (Sept. 10) to help San Diego preserve a 2-1 victory.
STRONG PLAY BY THE BACKLINE
• USD leads the WCC in fewest goals allowed (8), goals-against average (0.76), shutouts (5), is third in saves (39) and fewest fouls (107).
SAN DIEGO VS. THE COUNTRY
• The Toreros rank in the top 50 nationally in save percentage (15th, .830), shutout percentage (22nd, 0.50), team goals-against average (23rd, .764), won-lost-tied percentage (48th, .650).
COPA DE CAUSEWAY ALL-TOURNAMENT TEAM
• Goalkeeper Thomas Olsen, striker Miguell Berry, and defenders Henry Lander and Josiah Benjamin were named to the Copa de Causeway All-Tournament Team for their standout play during the games at Sacramento State and UC Davis (Sept. 8-10).
OLSEN NAMED WCC PLAYER OF THE WEEK
• Thomas Olsen was named the WCC Player of the Week, helping lead the Toreros to a 2-0 record at Sacramento State and UC Davis (Sept. 8-10). He earned his second shutout of the season at Sacramento State and registered a career-high seven saves at UC Davis to preserve a 2-1 victory.
BALANCE IN THE LINEUP
• USD boasts a quality mix of experienced returners and a talented freshman class. The Toreros return 14 letterwinners, eight starters and nine freshmen.
• USD has won three of the past five WCC Championships and nine all-time in program history.
Men's Basketball: Portland State Win
Toreros move on to next round in CIT
Football 2018: Spring Game
Toreros play spring football game for family and friends
Baseball: Toreros vs. Aztecs
USD take on cross-town rival SDSU
Men's Basketball: Post Season Run
USD vs. Hartford highlights
Women's Basketball: WCC Championship Game
Toreros end the 2018 season against Gonzaga in the WCC finals.
Women's Basketball: WCC Semifinals
Women's win send them to the championship game
Men's Basketball: WCC Quarterfinals
Toreros close out 2018 season against BYU
Men's Basketball: "Off Day"
Toreros prepare for the WCC quarterfinals against BYU
Women's Basketball: WCC Quarterfinal Highlights
USD defeats BYU in quarterfinal of WCC Tournament
Women's Basketball: Day in the Life with Myah Pace
Freshman guard knows how to prep for a win
Women's Basketball: Vegas Bound
Toreros travel to Vegas for the WCC Tournament
Baseball: Defeating No. 4 Arkansas
Toreros edge out top five team
Men's Basketball: Rock the House
Toreros played No. 6 Gonzaga in a fight to the last minute
Men's Basketball: Day in the Life
Guard Olin Carter III knows the games starts long before tip-off
Rowing, tennis, basketball and baseball, a winning day in the books
Baseball: For the Love of the Game
Baseball celebrates 60 years
Women's Basketball: Women in Sports Day
Julie Foudy spoke to student-athletes and guests for National Women in Sports Day
Men's Basketball: At LMU
Men's basketball on the road
Women's Rowing: Day in the Life
Senior Lizzie Bader shows how three-a-day practices are done
Men's Basketball: Youth Basketball Clinic
Toreros lead clinic in local community
Men's Rowing: Winter Camp 2018
There are plenty perks to being the early bird
60 Years of USD Baseball
Milestones on the road to Omaha
USD Honors Local Military Members
Toreros showed their support and hosted local military members at the men's basketball game
USD Athletes Sing "Santa's Coming to Town"
Toreros show their talent out of uniform
Basketball: City Championship
Toreros play SDSU Thursday night at 8
Football: Week Fourteen
Football preps for second round of playoffs at NDSU
Football: NAU From the Sidelines
Toreros win in first round of playoffs at NAU
Football: Week Thirteen
Football travels to NAU for the first round of the FCS Playoffs
A day to give to Torero Athletics
Football: Week Twelve
Toreros gear up for last game of conference play
Football: Week Eleven
Toreros prep for game day
Torero Timeout with Summer Mason
USD junior women's soccer player takes a timeout during a study break
On Saturday We Dominate
Big wins for both USD Football and USD Volleyball Saturday afternoon
Torero Timeout with Henry Lander
Men's soccer sophomore Henry Lander takes a Timeout between classes
Football: Week Ten
Toreros gear up for home game against Drake
Men's and women's basketball teamed up to host a Halloween event
Football: Week Nine
Big day in the weight room for the Toreros
Seamus McFadden's Legacy
39 years in review by former players and coaches
Alumni, staff and the San Diego community gathered to celebrate Men's Soccer Head Coach Seamus McFadden
Sixth Man Night: The Event
Recap video of the October 12 fundraiser event
Women's Basketball: WCC Hoops Tip-Off
Coach Fisher and Maya Hood attend media day in Las Vegas
Men's Basketball: New Heights
Men's basketball celebrates the third era of the program
Alumni and family gathered together for an eventful Homecoming weekend
Torero Timeout with Kristen Gengenbacher
Take a Timeout with the senior setter at her house in South Mission Beach
Football: Week Seven
Football preps for this Saturday's Homecoming game
Torero Timeout with Jonathan Petersen
USD Football's Petersen strolls through Belmont Park during his bye week
USD Basketball: Practice No. 1
Check out what practice looks like for the Torero ballers
Football: Week Five
Toreros prep for big game against Dayton
Football: FaceTime with Lion's Jamal Agnew
USD Head Coach Dale Lindsey congratulates Torero alum Agnew on his first NFL touchdown
Football: Brian Fogarty PFL Classic
From tailgates to touchdowns, we got it all
Football: Week Four
Hard work follows these Toreros on and off the field
Cross Country: USD Invite
Missed Saturday's race? Don't stress, we have it right here
Football: Week Three
Sights and sounds of USD Football at work
USD Invite: Take a Lap
Men's and women's cross country host the USD Invite: the only home race for the Toreros
Football: Week Two
Football hard at work for their first away game at UC Davis
Three Games - One Day
Ole Weekend was one to remember for USD Athletics
Football: Week One
Toreros preps for their home opener against Western New Mexico
2017 Football Season Preview
Head Coach Dale Lindsey and Senior Ray Clark discuss upcoming season
USD Athletics Highlight Video 2016-17
Don't miss the best highlights from this past year in USD Athletics