|San Diego Men's Soccer|
|Sunday||San Diego vs. UCLA||5 p.m.||Tickets||Live Video||Live Stats|
|Seamus McFadden Night|
|4 p.m.||» Gates / Ticket Office / Concessions Open|
|4:15 p.m.||» Toreros Take the Field|
|4:45 p.m.||» Toreros Clear the Field|
|4:49 p.m.||» Starting Lineups|
|4:55 p.m.||» U.S. National Anthem (performed by Del Norte High School)|
|4:57 p.m.||» Irish National Anthem (performed by Tony Cummins)|
|4:59 p.m.||» Ceremonial First-Kick (by Demba Ba)|
|5 p.m.||» Kickoff|
|5:45 p.m.||» Halftime Ceremony|
|6:30 p.m.||» Postgame Autographs|
SAN DIEGO -- San Diego will honor head coach Seamus McFadden during its final nonconference game of the season against UCLA on Sunday at 5 p.m.
The Toreros (7-3-2) will recognize the 39-year head coach with a pregame celebration and halftime ceremony.
McFadden is the only head coach in USD history and will be stepping down as the head coach at the end of the season.
USD enters the match on a six-game unbeaten streak, while the Bruins (6-5) have won their past three contests.
The game will be streamed live on TheW.tv and live statistics will be available via USDToreros.com.
COACH MCFADDEN'S FINAL SEASON
• Head coach Seamus McFadden returns for his 39th and final season at the helm. McFadden will continue to help with the team in future seasons but associate head coach, Brian Quinn, will take the lead at the end of the year.
• McFadden holds a career record of 384-282-69. Entering the 2017 season, McFadden had 377 career wins, which ranked eighth among active NCAA D-I coaches and 22nd overall for career wins all-time.
LAST TIME OUT
• The Toreros went 1-0-1 this past weekend, tying Portland 1-1 and earning a 2-1 comeback overtime victory against Gonzaga.
• Facing a 1-0 deficit after an early Pilots (6-5-1, 1-0-1 WCC) goal, Babic provided a perfect finish to the top corner of the goal on a well-laid pass by Miguel Berry in the 64th minute to level the score, 1-1. It was Babic's first goal of the season and Berry's team-leading third assist of the year.
• Miguel Berry scored his team-leading fifth goal of the season to propel San Diego to a 2-1 overtime victory against Gonzaga.
• Ulber Perez netted his first goal of the year in the 70th minute to level the score at 1-1 against the Bulldogs.
-- TheW.tv (@TheWtv) October 18, 2017
Miguel Berry's game-winning goal against Gonzaga check in at No. 2 in this week's WCC #TopPlayTuesday.
TOREROS EARN WCC PLAYER OF THE WEEK HONORS
• Miguel Berry was named the WCC Player of the Week for his standout play in games against Portland (Oct. 13) and Gonzaga (Oct. 15). He assisted the equalizing goal against the Pilots and scored the game-winner in overtime against the Bulldogs.
• Thomas Olsen was named the WCC Player of the Week after helping lead the Toreros to a 2-0 record at Sacramento State and UC Davis (Sept. 8-10). He earned his second shutout of the season at Sacramento State and registered a career-high seven saves at UC Davis to preserve a 2-1 victory.
UCLA SERIES HISTORY
• USD is 7-23-4 all-time against UCLA and are 2-2 in the past four meetings. Both of the previous two losses against the Bruins have come in overtime. The Toreros took on UCLA twice in 2014, defeating the Bruins, 1-0, on Sept. 26 and dropping a 2-1 decision in the NCAA Tournament on Nov. 23.
EXCELLING IN THE CLASSROOM
• San Diego was named a United Soccer Coaches Team Academic Award Winner earlier this season. The Toreros earned a team GPA of 3.14 during the 2016-17 academic year. It is the second time the team has been recognized after earning honors in 2014.
LEADING THE ATTACK
• Miguel Berry leads the team with 13 points. He leads the team in goals (5) and assists (3). He returns for his sophomore season after leading the team with eight goals as a freshman last year.
• Freddy Polzer has established himself as one of the team's best creators, regularly setting up teammates in the final third. He has logged two goals and two assists this season and is second on the team with six points.
IN THE BOX
• Thomas Olsen is having an excellent final season. He has played every minute for the Toreros and holds a 0.78 goals-against average and .818 save percentage.
• Olsen leads the WCC in goals-against average (0.78), save percentage (.818), shutouts (5), shutouts per game (0.38) and is second in saves per game (3.75).
• Olsen made a career-high seven saves at UC Davis (Sept. 10) to help San Diego preserve a 2-1 victory.
STRONG PLAY BY THE BACKLINE
• USD leads the WCC in fewest goals allowed (10), goals-against average (0.78), shutouts (5), is second in saves (46) and fewest fouls (135).
SAN DIEGO VS. THE COUNTRY
• The Toreros rank in the top 50 nationally in save percentage (20th, .821), shutout percentage (40th, 0.417), team goals-against average (23rd, .784), won-lost-tied percentage (37th, .667).
COPA DE CAUSEWAY ALL-TOURNAMENT TEAM
• Goalkeeper Thomas Olsen, striker Miguell Berry, and defenders Henry Lander and Josiah Benjamin were named to the Copa de Causeway All-Tournament Team for their standout play during the games at Sacramento State and UC Davis (Sept. 8-10).
BALANCE IN THE LINEUP
• USD boasts a quality mix of experienced returners and a talented freshman class. The Toreros return 14 letterwinners, eight starters and nine freshmen.
• USD has won three of the past five WCC Championships and nine all-time in program history.
Torero Timeout with Summer Mason
USD junior women's soccer player takes a timeout during a study break
On Saturday We Dominate
Big wins for both USD Football and USD Volleyball Saturday afternoon
Torero Timeout with Henry Lander
Men's soccer sophomore Henry Lander takes a Timeout between classes
Football: Week Ten
Toreros gear up for home game against Drake
Men's and women's basketball teamed up to host a Halloween event
Football: Week Nine
Big day in the weight room for the Toreros
Seamus McFadden's Legacy
39 years in review by former players and coaches
Alumni, staff and the San Diego community gathered to celebrate Men's Soccer Head Coach Seamus McFadden
Sixth Man Night: The Event
Recap video of the October 12 fundraiser event
Women's Basketball: WCC Hoops Tip-Off
Coach Fisher and Maya Hood attend media day in Las Vegas
Men's Basketball: New Heights
Men's basketball celebrates the third era of the program
Alumni and family gathered together for an eventful Homecoming weekend
Torero Timeout with Kristen Gengenbacher
Take a Timeout with the senior setter at her house in South Mission Beach
Football: Week Seven
Football preps for this Saturday's Homecoming game
Torero Timeout with Jonathan Petersen
USD Football's Petersen strolls through Belmont Park during his bye week
USD Basketball: Practice No. 1
Check out what practice looks like for the Torero ballers
Football: Week Five
Toreros prep for big game against Dayton
Football: FaceTime with Lion's Jamal Agnew
USD Head Coach Dale Lindsey congratulates Torero alum Agnew on his first NFL touchdown
Football: Brian Fogarty PFL Classic
From tailgates to touchdowns, we got it all
Football: Week Four
Hard work follows these Toreros on and off the field
Cross Country: USD Invite
Missed Saturday's race? Don't stress, we have it right here
Football: Week Three
Sights and sounds of USD Football at work
USD Invite: Take a Lap
Men's and women's cross country host the USD Invite: the only home race for the Toreros
Football: Week Two
Football hard at work for their first away game at UC Davis
Three Games - One Day
Ole Weekend was one to remember for USD Athletics
Football: Week One
Toreros preps for their home opener against Western New Mexico
2017 Football Season Preview
Head Coach Dale Lindsey and Senior Ray Clark discuss upcoming season
USD Athletics Highlight Video 2016-17
Don't miss the best highlights from this past year in USD Athletics