SAN DIEGO – San Diego will look to get back on track this week when it plays host to Pepperdine and Santa Clara.
The Toreros (12-11, 5-7 WCC) take on the Waves (8-14, 4-8 WCC) on Thursday at 6 p.m. and wrap up the weekend against the Broncos (7-16, 3-9 WCC) on Saturday at 2 p.m. Both games will be streamed on TheW.tv.
FULL WEEKEND OF FUN
• Thursday’s game will be Faculty and Staff Appreciation Night. USD faculty and staff can claim up to four free tickets and refreshments will be available at halftime at court level. Halftime will feature the USA Jump Stars.
• Saturday’s game will be Family Day and include a bounce house, a caricature artist and more.
LAST TIME OUT
• The Toreros enter the week looking to snap a four-game slide. USD dropped a, 63-44, decision against Gonzaga last Thursday and fell, 66-57, at Saint Mary’s on Saturday.
• Aubrey Ward-El scored a team-high 14 points against the Bulldogs but it was not enough to hand Gonzaga its first loss of conference play.
• The Toreros reeled off a 19-9 run in the fourth quarter against the Gaels but could not complete the comeback. Ward-El led the Toreros with 15 points.
SCOUTING THE WAVES
• Pepperdine has lost three of their past four games and eight of its past 10. The Waves split a pair of contests last week, defeating Portland, 83-79, and falling to Pacific, 84-73.
• Yasmine Robinson-Bacote is the only Pepperdine player in double-digits in scoring but is averaging 18.6 points per game. She has scored over twice as many points this season as her next closest teammate.
SERIES HISTORY AGAINST PEPPERDINE
• The Toreros are 33-42 all-time in the series against the Waves and lost the meeting earlier this season, 66-62 (Dec. 30). Pepperdine has won three consecutive games against USD.
SCOUTING THE BRONCOS
• Santa Clara dropped both games last weekend, falling at Pacific, 55-37, and at San Francisco, 64-47. However, the Broncos are 2-2 in their past four games with one of those victories coming against the Toreros.
• Morgan McGwire leads Santa Clara with 10.3 points per game, followed by Ashlyn Herlihy (9.3) and Kyla Martin (8.4).
SERIES HISTORY AGAINST SANTA CLARA
• USD is 39-34 all-time against the Broncos but dropped the first meeting earlier this year, 59-50 (Feb. 10).
Men's Basketball: Rock the House
Toreros played No. 6 Gonzaga in a fight to the last minute
Men's Basketball: Day in the Life
Guard Olin Carter III knows the games starts long before tip-off
Rowing, tennis, basketball and baseball, a winning day in the books
Baseball: For the Love of the Game
Baseball celebrates 60 years
Women's Basketball: Women in Sports Day
Julie Foudy spoke to student-athletes and guests for National Women in Sports Day
Men's Basketball: At LMU
Men's basketball on the road
Women's Rowing: Day in the Life
Senior Lizzie Bader shows how three-a-day practices are done
Men's Basketball: Youth Basketball Clinic
Toreros lead clinic in local community
Men's Rowing: Winter Camp 2018
There are plenty perks to being the early bird
60 Years of USD Baseball
Milestones on the road to Omaha
USD Honors Local Military Members
Toreros showed their support and hosted local military members at the men's basketball game
USD Athletes Sing "Santa's Coming to Town"
Toreros show their talent out of uniform
Basketball: City Championship
Toreros play SDSU Thursday night at 8
Football: Week Fourteen
Football preps for second round of playoffs at NDSU
Football: NAU From the Sidelines
Toreros win in first round of playoffs at NAU
Football: Week Thirteen
Football travels to NAU for the first round of the FCS Playoffs
A day to give to Torero Athletics
Football: Week Twelve
Toreros gear up for last game of conference play
Football: Week Eleven
Toreros prep for game day
Torero Timeout with Summer Mason
USD junior women's soccer player takes a timeout during a study break
On Saturday We Dominate
Big wins for both USD Football and USD Volleyball Saturday afternoon
Torero Timeout with Henry Lander
Men's soccer sophomore Henry Lander takes a Timeout between classes
Football: Week Ten
Toreros gear up for home game against Drake
Men's and women's basketball teamed up to host a Halloween event
Football: Week Nine
Big day in the weight room for the Toreros
Seamus McFadden's Legacy
39 years in review by former players and coaches
Alumni, staff and the San Diego community gathered to celebrate Men's Soccer Head Coach Seamus McFadden
Sixth Man Night: The Event
Recap video of the October 12 fundraiser event
Women's Basketball: WCC Hoops Tip-Off
Coach Fisher and Maya Hood attend media day in Las Vegas
Men's Basketball: New Heights
Men's basketball celebrates the third era of the program
Alumni and family gathered together for an eventful Homecoming weekend
Torero Timeout with Kristen Gengenbacher
Take a Timeout with the senior setter at her house in South Mission Beach
Football: Week Seven
Football preps for this Saturday's Homecoming game
Torero Timeout with Jonathan Petersen
USD Football's Petersen strolls through Belmont Park during his bye week
USD Basketball: Practice No. 1
Check out what practice looks like for the Torero ballers
Football: Week Five
Toreros prep for big game against Dayton
Football: FaceTime with Lion's Jamal Agnew
USD Head Coach Dale Lindsey congratulates Torero alum Agnew on his first NFL touchdown
Football: Brian Fogarty PFL Classic
From tailgates to touchdowns, we got it all
Football: Week Four
Hard work follows these Toreros on and off the field
Cross Country: USD Invite
Missed Saturday's race? Don't stress, we have it right here
Football: Week Three
Sights and sounds of USD Football at work
USD Invite: Take a Lap
Men's and women's cross country host the USD Invite: the only home race for the Toreros
Football: Week Two
Football hard at work for their first away game at UC Davis
Three Games - One Day
Ole Weekend was one to remember for USD Athletics
Football: Week One
Toreros preps for their home opener against Western New Mexico
2017 Football Season Preview
Head Coach Dale Lindsey and Senior Ray Clark discuss upcoming season
USD Athletics Highlight Video 2016-17
Don't miss the best highlights from this past year in USD Athletics