April 8, 2008
On April 26th Susie Erpelding will be inducted into the Chet and Marguerite Pagni Family Athletic Hall of Fame. For the second straight year, USD's Athletic Hall of Fame ceremony will take place with the USD Alumni Honors event, which is the premier USD recognition event of the year. The University of San Diego community will gather to recognize and honor alumni in the areas of service to the university, contributions to humanitarian causes, and outstanding career and athletic achievement. To register for the event ($150 per person; $2,500 premier table sponsorship), call the office of Alumni Relations at (619) 260-4819.
In addition to Erpelding, USD Alumni being recognized include Liam E. McGee, Lowell C. McAdam, Rabbi Laure E. Coskey, The Honorable Thomas J. Whelan, and Col. Mary T. Sarnecky for the Author E. Hughes Career Achievements; Michael J. Maher for the Mother Rosalie Clifton Hill honor; and Mary E. Caffery for the Bishop Charles Francis Buddy award.
Susie Erpelding excelled on the basketball floor as well as in the classroom during her time at USD (1995-2000). She is the program's all-time leading scorer with 1,510 points, and is the only Torero (women's or men's) to crack the 1,500 point plateau. During her senior year (1999-2000) she set a school record with 510 points, averaging 17.0 ppg, and leading the Toreros to the WCC Tournament title and an appearance in the NCAA Tournament. She scored a then school-record 37 points against Portland on February 19, 2000. While leading the team in scoring for three straight years (1997-2000), she was also named a First Team All-West Coast Conference performer.
She capped off her career by being named the 2000 West Coast Conference Female Scholar-Athlete of the Year. She was a First Team ESPN The Magazine Academic All-American in 1998, and a Third Team selection in 2000. A two-time WCC All-Academic Team selection, she as also a four-time WCC Scholar-Athlete. A motivated and hard working individual, Susie twice was named a National Strength and Conditioning All-American (1998 & 2000). She earned her undergraduate degree from USD in Sociology (1998), and followed up with her Master's degree in 2000 (Counseling Psychology).
From San Diego, she prepped at Our Lady of Peace. After suffering a knee injury during a CIF semifinal game her senior year, Susie sat out her first year at USD (1995-96). Erpelding, who will be getting married this year, is in her fifth year serving as color analyst for home USD women's basketball internet webcasts. She is in her fifth year as a Senior Social Work Counselor for the San Diego Regional Center.
Women's Basketball (1995-2000)
San Diego, CA (Our Lady of Peace HS)
- All-time leading scorer with 1,510 points
- Single season record for points with 510 (1999-2000)
- Personal-best 37 points vs. Portland senior year (ranks 2nd all-time)
- Led team in scoring three straight years (1997-2000)
- Ranks 3rd all-time in career points per game average (13.6 ppg)
- Three-time First Team All-West Coast Conference (1998-2000)
- WCC All-Tournament Team (2000)
- Averaged team-best 17 ppg senior year in leading USD to NCAA Tourney
- Two-time National Strength and Conditioning All-American (1998 & 2000)
- WCC Female Scholar-Athlete of the Year (2000)
- First Team ESPN the Magazine Academic All-America (1999)
- Third Team ESPN the Magazine Academic All-America (2000)
- Two-time WCC All-Academic Team (1999 & 2000)
- Four-time WCC Scholar Athlete
- Graduated in spring of 1998 (Sociology)
- Earned Master's degree in 2000 (Counseling Psychology)
- Sat out 1995-96 (1st season) recovering from ACL surgery
- Current color analyst for USD women's basketball webcasts
Pack the Stadium Night
ITA All-American's Preview
Petronijevic, Angus, & Vittek Prepare
USD Looks to Extend Home Win Streak
Toreros First True Road Game of 2015
CSUN and UCSB Preview
Toreros Look to Extend Win Streak
Aztec Invite Recap
Both Squads Finish Second
Toreros Take on Cross-town Rival
Highlights from 45-21 win
2015 Home Opener
Previewing Western New Mexico
Volleyball Tournament Preview
A preview of the USD Tournament
Men's Soccer Season Opener
Previewing No. 16 Cal
Training Camp Update
Coach Lindsey Recaps the First Two Weeks
2015 WSOC Preview
A brief preview of the 2015 Toreros.