Skip to main content
Women's Rowing Schedule Released
Oct. 12, 2017

SAN DIEGO, Calif. – The Toreros are gearing up for back to back events this weekend. On Friday the men and women rowing teams join forces to host a Homecoming parade and taco dinner for all alumni, friends and family. Nearly twelve hours later the women will launch for their first race of the fall season.

Row for the Cure
"It makes me excited to break into the fall races with an amazing row for an amazing cause,” said first year Head Coach Sarah Trowbridge.

The women race the four-kilometer course around Vacation Island as part of the Row For the Cure regatta. UCSD women's rowing has partnered with the Susan G. Komen San Diego Foundation for the past 16 years to raise money to fight breast cancer. The San Diego Komen Foundation is the only organization in San Diego that provides free services for those impacted by breast cancer. 100% of the race profits will go to benefit the Komen Foundation. 75% of every dollar raised stays in San Diego to fund local breast health programs and the remaining 25% goes to fund breast cancer research.

Homecoming
On Friday, both the women and men's team will participate in a parade past the El Carmel boathouse for spectators to watch. The event will have drinks, an open taco bar and include a few guest speakers including Coach Trowbridge, Men’s Head Coach Brooks Dagman and Executive Athletic Director Bill McGillis.

5:30 - Floating Parade
6:30 - Event begins

40th Anniversary
This year the Toreros are also celebrating USD rowing's 40th Anniversary. The Homecoming event marks the start of a year where both teams will remember and honor their long history. All alumni, friends and family are encouraged to attend a reunion the weekend of the San Diego Crew Classic on March 24.

The Season Ahead
The women’s rowing schedule was released Wednesday and included some traditional regattas but also new competition. The Toreros will head up to Sacremento for the Head of the American later this fall to battle big names in the six-kilometer head race. They close out their fall season back on Mission Bay for the San Diego Fall Classic.

In the Spring the women will return to the Lake Natoma Invitational, the San Diego Crew Classic, and their all-city scrimmage. A couple new races for the Toreros include a UCLA scrimmage in Los Angeles, and a dual at Ohio State in the late spring.

 

 

VIDEO
Video Thumbnail Women's Basketball: WCC Hoops Tip-Off
Coach Fisher and Maya Hood attend media day in Las Vegas
Video Thumbnail Men's Basketball: New Heights
Men's basketball celebrates the third era of the program
Video Thumbnail Homecoming
Alumni and family gathered together for an eventful Homecoming weekend
Video Thumbnail Torero Timeout with Kristen Gengenbacher
Take a Timeout with the senior setter at her house in South Mission Beach
Video Thumbnail Football: Week Seven
Football preps for this Saturday's Homecoming game
Video Thumbnail Torero Timeout with Jonathan Petersen
USD Football's Petersen strolls through Belmont Park during his bye week
Video Thumbnail USD Basketball: Practice No. 1
Check out what practice looks like for the Torero ballers
Video Thumbnail Football: Week Five
Toreros prep for big game against Dayton
Video Thumbnail Football: FaceTime with Lion's Jamal Agnew
USD Head Coach Dale Lindsey congratulates Torero alum Agnew on his first NFL touchdown
Video Thumbnail Football: Brian Fogarty PFL Classic
From tailgates to touchdowns, we got it all
Video Thumbnail Football: Week Four
Hard work follows these Toreros on and off the field
Video Thumbnail Cross Country: USD Invite
Missed Saturday's race? Don't stress, we have it right here
Video Thumbnail Football: Week Three
Sights and sounds of USD Football at work
Video Thumbnail USD Invite: Take a Lap
Men's and women's cross country host the USD Invite: the only home race for the Toreros
Video Thumbnail Football: Week Two
Football hard at work for their first away game at UC Davis
Video Thumbnail Three Games - One Day
Ole Weekend was one to remember for USD Athletics
Video Thumbnail Football: Week One
Toreros preps for their home opener against Western New Mexico
Video Thumbnail 2017 Football Season Preview
Head Coach Dale Lindsey and Senior Ray Clark discuss upcoming season
Video Thumbnail USD Athletics Highlight Video 2016-17
Don't miss the best highlights from this past year in USD Athletics

SCHEDULES

  • Loading Tweets...
    1 second ago

Instagram

West Coast Conference USD
Top ^
» «