|San Diego Women's Soccer|
|Thursday||at Santa Clara||7 p.m.||TheW.tv||Live Stats|
|Saturday||at San Francisco||7 p.m.||TheW.tv||Live Stats|
SAN DIEGO – San Diego pursues its second conference championship in program history this weekend, concluding the regular season at Santa Clara and San Francisco.
The Toreros (8-9, 6-1 WCC) path to a conference title is simple – they need to win both of their games and Pepperdine has to either tie or lose to Portland.
USD has won seven of their past eight games and open the weekend Thursday against the Broncos (11-6-1, 6-1 WCC). The Toreros conclude the regular season Saturday at 7 p.m. against the Dons (6-10-2, 2-5 WCC).
Both games will be streamed on TheW.tv and live statistics will be available via USDToreros.com.
LAST TIME OUT
• USD earned a pair of road shutouts last weekend, defeating Portland, 1-0, and Gonzaga, 2-0.
• Summer Mason scored her team-leading ninth goal of the season in the 76th minute to lead the Toreros to a 1-0 victory against the Pilots. She connected on a left-footed shot from 25 yards out that kissed the inside of the right post before heading to the back of the net.
• Kelsi Dantu and Tara Meier connected for two corner kick goals to lead San Diego to a 2-0 victory against the Bulldogs. Meier provided both assists -- one in the 3rd minute and another in the 70th minute -- to Dantu who headed in both crosses. Dantu is second on the team with six goals, while Meier leads the team with five assists.
• While Dantu and Meier provided the offensive fireworks at Gonzaga, it was the Toreros defense that stole the show a majority of the night. Kelley Carusa, Courtney Coate, Abby King, Tara Meier and Natalie Copenhaver had excellent games defensively and notched USD's second consecutive shutout.
• Amber Michel continued to bolster her case as the WCC's best goalkeeper, making 10 stops on 23 shots by the Bulldogs
MASON LEADS THE OFFENSE
• Summer Mason has established herself as one of the WCC’s most dangerous strikers and leads the team with 19 points on nine goals and an assist. Her nine goals are the most in a single season by a Torero since Emily Dillon scored nine times in 2013.
• Mason scored her first collegiate hat trick to lead San Diego to a 3-1 victory against Pacific (Oct. 7). It was the first hat trick by a Torero since Stephanie Ochs on August 21, 2011, in a 3-1 victory against USC. She was named the WCC Player of the Week (Oct. 10) for her standout performance.
• USD’s defense has been excellent this season and a key component to keeping the Toreros within striking distance in each game.
• Amber Michel has registered four or more saves in 10-of-17 games this season, including a career-best 11 stops in a 2-1 victory at BYU (Sept. 29). She made seven saves in the first half at CSUN (Sept. 24) – a career best for one half.
• The Toreros backline – consisting primarily of Emma Barrow, Courtney Coate, Natalie Copenhaver, Abby King and Tara Meier – have done well to limit the opposition’s attack through the center of the field and push attackers out wide.
SANTA CLARA SERIES HISTORY
• The Toreros are 8-17 all-time against the Broncos but won last year’s meeting, 1-0, on a 66th minute goal by Summer Mason.
SAN FRANCISCO SERIES HISTORY
LIEBERMAN’S FIRST SEASON
• Head coach Louise Lieberman is in her first season as a head coach with USD during 2017. She is the fourth head coach in program history.
• Lieberman joined the Toreros after serving as the assistant head coach at UCLA for the past eight seasons. While with the Bruins, she helped lead the team to seven NCAA Tournament appearances, two College Cup appearances and the 2013 NCAA Championship – the first in program history.
• Lieberman was a four-year letterwinner as a player at UCLA from 1995-98, and was a second-time All-Pac-12 selection in 1995. She helped the Bruis claim its first two Pac-12 championships in 1997 and 1998.
Torero Timeout with Summer Mason
USD junior women's soccer player takes a timeout during a study break
On Saturday We Dominate
Big wins for both USD Football and USD Volleyball Saturday afternoon
Torero Timeout with Henry Lander
Men's soccer sophomore Henry Lander takes a Timeout between classes
Football: Week Ten
Toreros gear up for home game against Drake
Men's and women's basketball teamed up to host a Halloween event
Football: Week Nine
Big day in the weight room for the Toreros
Seamus McFadden's Legacy
39 years in review by former players and coaches
Alumni, staff and the San Diego community gathered to celebrate Men's Soccer Head Coach Seamus McFadden
Sixth Man Night: The Event
Recap video of the October 12 fundraiser event
Women's Basketball: WCC Hoops Tip-Off
Coach Fisher and Maya Hood attend media day in Las Vegas
Men's Basketball: New Heights
Men's basketball celebrates the third era of the program
Alumni and family gathered together for an eventful Homecoming weekend
Torero Timeout with Kristen Gengenbacher
Take a Timeout with the senior setter at her house in South Mission Beach
Football: Week Seven
Football preps for this Saturday's Homecoming game
Torero Timeout with Jonathan Petersen
USD Football's Petersen strolls through Belmont Park during his bye week
USD Basketball: Practice No. 1
Check out what practice looks like for the Torero ballers
Football: Week Five
Toreros prep for big game against Dayton
Football: FaceTime with Lion's Jamal Agnew
USD Head Coach Dale Lindsey congratulates Torero alum Agnew on his first NFL touchdown
Football: Brian Fogarty PFL Classic
From tailgates to touchdowns, we got it all
Football: Week Four
Hard work follows these Toreros on and off the field
Cross Country: USD Invite
Missed Saturday's race? Don't stress, we have it right here
Football: Week Three
Sights and sounds of USD Football at work
USD Invite: Take a Lap
Men's and women's cross country host the USD Invite: the only home race for the Toreros
Football: Week Two
Football hard at work for their first away game at UC Davis
Three Games - One Day
Ole Weekend was one to remember for USD Athletics
Football: Week One
Toreros preps for their home opener against Western New Mexico
2017 Football Season Preview
Head Coach Dale Lindsey and Senior Ray Clark discuss upcoming season
USD Athletics Highlight Video 2016-17
Don't miss the best highlights from this past year in USD Athletics